1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Top 20* Best Weapons [Ranked] In ShellShock (My Opinion)!

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by Terrashock, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Terrashock

Terrashock New Born (1) Member

v1.1 (Lots of adjustments and rearrangements made with more consideration; placements discussed between Quarkk and I.)

Factors: All weapons are judged based off of a TDM 1v1. This is the fairest way I could think of to determine this. All weapons are also judged off of 3 factors: [1] Damage (The average damage it can inflict/every 20 damage = 1 point), [2] Dependency (How much it relies on luck/to inflict this damage output) and [3] Situation (Does it rely on any specific circumstances, e.g. close range, a hole). This list is split into my reply under it due to the 10k character limit holding me back from descriptions.

#1: Ultimate Imploder
    Damage - 10/10 | Dependency - 10/10 | Situation - 9/10 [29 Total]
    With AoE that reaches about a third of the map with guaranteed 200 damage, there's no denying Ultimate Imploder is one of the biggest threats you can face in a game, and if it crits you best be kissing your win chance goodbye.

#2: Dual Needler
    Damage - 9/10 | Dependency - 10/10 | Situation 7/10 [26 Total]
    Dual Needler is an absolute monster. When you shoot one you can pretty much always expect up to 200 damage. The needles are pretty consistent in any angle <10 and if shot right should all land on the foe. The main drawback is that it does its best when the opponent is on a wall facing you, but this is an opportunity that is usually present at least once or twice during a match if you play smart.

#3: Lottery
    Damage - 6/10 | Dependency 10/10 | Situation 10/10 [26 Total]
    To people who don't have it, Lottery may seem like it has a bit of luck but not at all. Literally, all you have to do with this is 100 power it into the air and if you hit close enough it's an easy 120-130 damage. Very solid weapon, easy to use with high damage, just be wary of height differences when using it.

#4: Wasps
    Damage - 7/10 | Dependency - 9/10 | Situation - 10/10 [26 Total]
    Wasps can hit from basically anywhere, and if a direct hit usually hits for around 120-140. Not much else to say about it. Even better in certain circumstances such as bumpers and backwall. The only downside is if you get pretty bad luck but in most cases, you're gonna get really good damage with this.

#5: Cosmic Rift
    Damage - 6/10 | Dependency - 10/10 | Situation - 10/10 [26 Total]
    Not much to say about this either. You can hit it from anywhere for an average of 120 damage. Just a very good and reliable weapon that no one dislikes getting.

#6: MegaNuke
    Damage - 5/10 | Dependency - 10/10 | Situation - 10/10 [25 Total]
    A solid weapon you can hit from literally anywhere, seems good to me. Very overrated weapon that lots of noobs try to use as a point in everything, though even overrated things are overrated for a reason, which is why it still sits at a solid #6.

#7: Flaming Arrow
    Damage - 7/10 | Dependency - 10/10 | Situation 8/10 [25 Total]
    If you're decent at ShellShock you should see this weapon as a free 130-140 damage, which is what it is. Nice and slim AoE so it can fit into tight spaces and hit from pretty much anywhere. Lowered situation to compensate for distance damage relations but despite that, it can still be a solid weapon up close if needed.

#8: Ghouls
    Damage - 7/10 | Dependency - 10/10 | Situation - 8/10 [25 Total]
    A very good clean weapon that often hits for 120-140 damage with a clear shot. But, that's obviously enough the drawback, a clear shot. You can't shoot this in the air because they will fly to the moon so you need a nice direct angle on your opponent. But despite that still a very strong weapon.

#9: Tsunami
    Damage - 7/10 | Dependency - 10/10 | Situation 8/10 [25 Total]
    A very good weapon when used correctly. Easily hits for 120-140 on average on an opponent against a wall, and can hit through some thick enough walls as well with its AoE. Not an uncommon situation to come across in a TDM either, so just save it and wait for the opportunity.

#10: Rave
    Damage - 5/10 | Dependency - 10/10 | Situation - 10/10 [25 Total]
    Nothing much to say about this except everything I said about Cosmic Rift. Very solid and reliable weapon that just hits a bit less than Cosmic and doing an average of 100 damage.

vvv Continued Below vvv

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  2. Terrashock

Terrashock New Born (1) Member

#11: Bumper Assault
    Damage - 7/10 | Dependency - 9/10 | Situation - 8/10 [24 Total]
    With a 45 angle and good enough luck, this thing can do some heavy damage to both the opponent and the terrain. All you need is a clear shot on your opponent and if you shoot it right they're gonna take a while to recover from that blow. There are also other options, however, for example shooting it like a Quicksand, which can still do a nice 100 on average.

#12: SplitterChain

Damage - 9/10 | Dependency - 9/10 | Situation - 6/10 [24 Total]
    Just like Tsunami, you would be surprised at how strong some of these level 1 weapons can get. Splitterchain often deals around 162-180 damage in close range with a good shot. However, that alone is the main downside. In some games getting close may be easy but in bad maps it can be a bit trickier, dropping its situation a lot.

#13: Sub-Sniper
    Damage - 6/10 | Dependency 10/10 | Situation 8/10 [24 Total]
    If you're asking why Sub-Sniper and not SmartSnipe, it's simply because Sub-Sniper does more damage. Everything said about Flaming Arrow applies to this, but this has the extra quirk of being able to go underground, which can be pretty helpful for hiding opponents.

#14: Apache
    Damage - 5/10 | Dependency - 10/10 | Situation - 9/10 [24 Total]
    Pretty solid damaging weapon. Not very consistent though, often doing around 100~ if shot correctly. Can't hit in every spot which drops situation a tad bit, but still an overall good weapon.

#15: Spotter XXL
    Damage - 8/10 | Dependency - 7/10 | Situation - 9/10 [24 Total]
    You might be asking yourself why this isn't on par or above Flaming Arrow and that is quite simply because it is not nearly as reliable. I have hit many of these spot on to the best of my abilities but still, some of the things will miss. And even in some areas like hiding behind a cliff, it's impossible to hit it right. Very high damaging weapon when hit right, but hitting it right can prove to be quite a problem with how it works.

#16: Baffler
    Damage - 5/10 | Dependency - 9/10 | Situation- 10/10 [24 Total]
    Easy to hit weapon that consistently does 100 unless you're very unlucky... and that's about it really. Already explained this with Rave and Cosmic Rift. Moving on.

#17: Acid Hail
    Damage - 8/10 | Dependency - 9/10 | Situation 7/10 [24 Total]
    Before you go on complaining about how this weapon is broken and should be #1 allow me to explain. To make this list as fair and reasonable as possible I had to make sure all weapons abided by the factors, and unfortunately for Hail, although it can hit for 200-300, that's in rare occasions. I have landed numerous perfect ones and still only done about 100-ish damage. Despite that, if you're luckier than me you should get some good damage with this usually as long as the enemy is on relatively flat ground.

#18: Express
    Damage - 4/10 | Dependency - 10/10 | Situation - 10/10 [24 Total]
    Considering this is based on 1v1, I consider Express to be a tad bit better than Master Beam, but you can switch them any way you want really. Express with some standard crits does slightly more than Master Beam and it also has the ability to grab x2s and hit anywhere you want.

#19: Master Beam
    Damage - 4/10 | Dependency - 10/10 | Situation - 10/10 [24 Total]
    Again, swap this with Express if you please, they are very similar and hard to rank them together. Master Beam is the equivalent of a free turn. Just drag your cursor to your enemy, lock on and done, 80 damage just like that. One thing you could use as an argument to it being better than Express is you can hide behind a cliff and use this, but Express has its pros too.

#20: FireStorm
    Damage - 9/10 | Dependency - 8/10 | Situation 7/10 [24 Total]
    A good weapon that doesn't rely on too much luck as it does a good shot to unleash some nasty damage. The main drawback being you can't fire it from too much of a distance or height as the asteroids will bounce out, but shot correctly is definitely not something to mess with.

And that does it for the list. May be worked on a bit more, especially if any new weapons get added, but considering kChamp's recent work I think we'll be waiting til next year for that.
    Keep in mind that I tried to rank these as fair as I could. Some of you might be confused with placements like Acid Hail or MegaNuke but it's simply based on reliability and damage output in all, as those are the most important things when it comes down to it. Obviously, no one could piece together a perfect list of everything correctly placed because they simply can't be, in the end, it comes down to a lot of opinion and knowledge from personal experiences.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  3. ComplexOri

ComplexOri Sergeant (7) Member

Dual Needler, for one, can do 200 damage without crits. Cosmic Rift hits 23 times, Rave hits 22 times. How is Lottery (130) not better than Cosmic Rift (92) and Rave (88).