1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Python

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Gambit, May 3, 2014.

1. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

This weapon has the potential to be good or bad. Now while my personal opinions are reserved, I figured that he would do this with at least one Prestige weapon. They can't all do insane amounts of damage all the time.

With that said, one is enough. Please don't do that for any other weapon, Kyle.

AlmostSoClose likes this.
  2. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Well I like the way it is by far the most unique prestige weapon that has the potential to do high damage. I must say, it is with regret that I am not Prestige 6 yet :(

3. Gambit

Gambit Private E-1 (2) Member

why not|?
    they are prestige weapon, which make them "new powerfull weapon"
    for sure nobody wanna get prestige for a crap weapon, which is not really in prestige weapons class!!!

4. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Obviously if people climbed up to prestige 6 they should be skillful enough to know how to use such weapon.
    Stop complaining, you just want a wep that's huge explosion and does 999999damage.

darklegion741 likes this.
  5. ApprenticeOfGames

ApprenticeOfGames Staff Sergeant (8) Member

I think the problem is that even if you hit it in the same spot on a tank every time,there is no telling how the python will do. So there is not much skill to this weapon and more luck and predicting where it might go.

6. Dryykon

Dryykon Second Lieutenant (15) Member

From what I have seen it isn't very good... like most shots not over 100.

7. RumMumMario

The only problem is, why the hell do the explosions go above the ground? We don't have any flying tanks, do we?
    I have seen it lots recently, I can tell it starts digging downwards then acts like a sinkhole. You can tell where it's going, pretty much.

8. darklegion741

kChamp has stated that Python requires luck. I have also expected at least one prestige weapon to not be overly devastating, @KingKyd believes the same.

Think about it, FireStorm can easily deal over 200 damage if used correctly. The other prestige weapons are simple to use and require little or no effort to deal high damage. There has not been a single prestige weapon that requires skill, that includes Python. So if you are all thinking that prestige weapons are going to get more and more powerful with increasing prestige level, think again. Prestige 10 is not going to do 1000 damage.

With that said, you should appreciate the prestige weapons and be grateful that they are even there.

9. RumMumMario

I expected prestige weapons to be very difficult to use, but if used correctly it may deal a ton of damage.

Firestorm = shoot it like air strike.
    Tsunami = shoot it like asteroids.
    MegaNuke = shoot it anywhere
    Pyrotechnics = shoot it like massive shot
    Excavation = shoot it like creek

Are we serious here, those weapons do not deserve the trophy of prestige weapons, as you can see all you do is shoot them with a simple tactic just like you do with other free weps that anyone, and I'll repeat, anyone can do with just a little bit of practice, and let the weapon itself do the work. I also dislike how uncreative they are, at least Pyrotechnics is a little creative but seriously, Meganuke, *FacePalm*. Tsunami is a little creative also, but no, way too easy to deal the 180 damage. Excavation is probably the 2nd worst next to MegaNuke, seriously? A shitriver that bound around like a toilet brush.

Python is really great, it's very very creative, average damage even failed but deals a ton if used correctly, it sure does deserve the trophy of a Pr.6 weapon. C'mon dude/dudettes, all you want are weapons that deal 328965329862956398569128561 damage with a huge explosion? Really? And when you get one weapon that requires a little smart tactic you scream like a kid who's got no gifts on Christmas.

Sniper, MultiNade, 2012 <--- Those are some great weapons that deserve the prestige palace.

Azel123, darklegion741 and Bronco like this.
  10. ApprenticeOfGames

How can you call predicting where something will go after it hits its target a "smart tactic".It requires luck even kchamp said so.Just like 2012's asteroids,you have to predict where they will go.Which is luck,multinade i sorta agree with but also requires a bit of luck.Sniper i agree with 100%.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  11. RumMumMario

kChamp said it requires a little bit of luck. Not fully luck.

Well the weapon pretty much digs the tank at first, and then moves around like a circle. <--- Which is pretty much a sinkhole moving randomly.
    You can use the BigBulger on two tanks and then use that, it'd make a huge damage. Not all weapons must deal excellent damage on a single tank, do they.

12. ApprenticeOfGames

I get what you are saying but the main point i was making is that we shouldn't have too many luck based or prediction based weapons as prestige weapons as the game already has a bit to much to do with luck with its normal weapons and other factors.

RumMumMario likes this.
  13. Oehler

Oehler Corporal (5) Member

There is no "used correctly" with this wep, it is pure luck, and that sucks. If there would be a "used correctly" I would love the wep. But at this point I haven't seen a player who uses Python in a way it can deal decent dmg every time.

Gambit likes this.
  14. darklegion741

Haven't you people ever thought that Python is more of a 3 v 3 weapon? Yeah it often sucks on one player, use it against players in 3 v 3 and it has a high chance to deal lots of damage just like Pyrotechnics. So don't complain just because you haven't figured that out.

Erile likes this.
  15. Oehler

Oehler Corporal (5) Member

Vs 3 stacking noobs maybe... 3 decent player spread that far before turn 1, that even Mnuke can hardly hit two of them. Think before writing please... Its not about noobbashing, prestige weps should be usefull if used by decent prestige players against other prestige players.

I am pretty sure players that reached prestige 6 thought about the "3 vs 3 wep" thing on their own. That is nothing a nonprestige 6 player has to tell them. Just mentioning, don't want to be arrogant or something like that. That "havent figured that out" thing is just stupid...

16. darklegion741

You could have clicked "reply" you know. Strategies can be used to trap enemies i.e Wall. The enemies are therefore confined to limited space and not stacking. I did not suggest they stack. Strategies my friend.

17. Hells Fury

Hells Fury Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I personally love python. It's my favorite out of all of them. It's the most creative out of the six weapons, and the random motion of it completely balances it out. I understand you guys expect a weapon can do over 100 on a single person pretty easily, but when you think about the potential damage python can do, it's definitely deserving of it's prestige 6 spot.

Erile, itlives, RumMumMario and 2 others like this.
  18. KingKyd

I suppose some people are surprised that I have no issue with Python being the way that it is. If you get lucky it's gonna do 200+ on one person like it's a walk in the park. Throw in the X2 and you have a potential one-shot-kill weapon on your hands.

Even if not, be sure to use it in a 3v3 where enemies are close together. You'll still be sure to do some decent damage. Believe it or not I think the best method is to use it in team matches or FFAs, because this weapon will move about so randomly that if it's fired into a cluster of enemies, it will do major damage to all of them in that area.

Really, you just gotta think before you use the weapon.

19. Gambit

Gambit Private E-1 (2) Member

dude
    how do you know what i want when you dont know me?
    talk about yourself, not about something that you dont know
    id like python be predictable, a regular pattern
    maybe python can move tanks with his head and keep hitting the tank
    DONT TALK ABOUT SKILL, this weapon need luck 999999 x more than skill
    when you get prestige it say " new powerfull weapon", not "maybe powerfull, maybe crappy weapon!!"

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  20. KingKyd

I agree there isn't really any skill involved in the use of Python. Maybe to aim it, sure, but that applies for any weapon. It's really just luck-based. I did 28 with it in a game earlier, while yesterday I did 238. One opponent in Deathmatch both times.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  21. arash

arash New Born (1) Member

[​IMG]
    python is not bad but could be better. Later than fifteen times I could earn points

22. muffinasdf

muffinasdf Master Sergeant (10) Member

. . . whelp i just got brutally murdered from python did 450 damage to me i got full armor from a box someone got x2 on me with python :'(

arash and KingKyd like this.
  23. KingKyd

[​IMG]

24. Mr Anonymous

Mr Anonymous Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I'm starting to get more and more frustrated with the python.. I've only got it in games maybe 3 times in the last two days. One of them, the noob quit before I ever had a chance to shoot, the 2nd time it did a whole 36 damage with a direct hit, and the 3rd time I got a whole 52 damage. Yes I've had a few decent hits with it getting close to 200 damage and one over 300, but I've had about about 20 or so hits with it doing less than 70 damage. I don't mind the randomness of it going different directions underground.. It just pisses me off when it goes up off the ground and flies around. Pythons are large, heavy, and constricting snakes. Pythons are not flying snakes. If it would at least do a 100 damage for sure I'd be happy.. I just can't stand it doing 36 damage then flying off in the air like no python ever and being completely useless flying over tanks.

25. KingKyd

I agree. I know it's bad to be so complaining when he's finally added another one, but it is really TOO random. Especially for being the 6th Prestige weapon.

jgalloway64 and Mr Anonymous like this.