1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Future of the Game

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by Towel, Mar 12, 2015.

1. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

This demo thing is fine with me, as long as it starts after the early access period. They may jump to incorrect conclusions about this game, and leave it behind. When everything is set and done, they can get a true feeling for it. A lot will change; seeing it in its current state would scare some potential buyers.

2. EskimoEd

EskimoEd Corporal (5) Member

3. emilio1973

emilio1973 First Sergeant (11) Member

Ther is no future for this game on steam!!!!! Surtnly not for 15 $. but for 5 $ maybe yes.
    I see it right now after 1 months from reles on steam.
    Fact 1 is thet i buy yesterday a game for my ps3 console ,THE LAST OF US for only 10$ what is a rly great game compering whit ssl2 on steam.
    for 10$ i get bluray disc thet i rly own and can sell it agen when i rly will agen.
    so ther is no way i spend 15 $ on ssl2 stem version BUT IF THIS GOONA COST 5 $ I BUY IT !!!!!

4. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

There is no way this will cost $5. Even if there is a price switch, the bottom is $10. Someonething would have had to happen in a negative way for it to launch at $5. And even if it does face setback, he can just keep it in Early Access. There is no chance this will cost beneath $10.
    Also, resale isn't allowed in the US of such items. I know you don't live here, but some do. Not that it matters much; just pointing it out.
    In addition, how can you tell that game is better than Steam when you haven't even tried out Steam? That's one-sided lobbying, and maybe even hypocritical. Also, considering you bought the game yesterday, I doubt you've tapped too far into the game, or its strategies. I doubt that that game is a 2D tank game.

Taylor, Voider and JohannZim like this.
  5. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

A two year old game that's on the PS3 when the PS4 has been out for over a year now is most likely gonna be lower than an indie game that hasn't been out for a month yet. So unless you wanna wait that long go knock yourself out.

Also even though YOU would buy the game for $5, you would need triple the amount of players in order to make up for the original $15 price tag, and still people won't get it because they would rather get it for free, in which case is the worse option because that screws over the buyer in many ways, and the people who want that wouldn't pay anyways.

Taylor and JohannZim like this.
  6. Mallard King

Mallard King Corporal (5) Member

Personally what i think is hurting sales big time is kyles lack of involvement on the steam community forums. Currently early access games currently have a very bad reputation on steam due to a large amount of early access games being abandoned without ever being finished, promising a lot but never delivering, or just straight up scamming the consumer somehow. When people go to look at this game currently and see a bunch of questions/concerns being asked but never being answered by the developer most peoples first thoughts will be "oh this is most likely another early access scam" and move on. Communication is very important if you want people to buy your product because if you never communicate with them even your potential customers they will just speculate the worst case scenario and move on and possibly spread a more negative word of mouth because of it. Even if kyle did not have the time to answer every question asked he should make time for even just a few so it looks like to other people he cares, heck he could of simply copy pasted the questions answered post and repost it on the steam community forums and labeled it as a FAQ to validate a lot of concerns, the SSL forums is no longer the only community base anymore. Post likes these also dont help,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The only reason why people keep posting the same thing, asking the same questions is because kyle never answered their concerns/questions, i know the people posting these are only doing it with the best of intentions but when people see post likes that on the steam forums it make it does nothing but solidifys their negative speculations of the game and will walk away from the game. Tell me this say if you knew nothing about SSL or these forums and was just another regular steam customer and saw the steam community forums state as it is now would you buy the game?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    emilio1973, Towel, referee11 and 3 others like this.
  7. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

mallards right, those really dont help (and they make you look kinda dumb). from what ive been witnessing, kchamp posts update logs in-game, but not on the actual game's community page. how would people that dont have the game yet know that hes been paying attention and updating the game?

8. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

I smell mini-mod.

@Batgirl Why did you copy paste a paragraph from Incredipede's rule thread?? Those rules are indicated towards this forum, not Steam. Steam has its own rule which you may wanna check it out before you make up your mind; "ssl2 forums = steam".
    @Watermelob "we don't care if you think ssl is simplified scorched earth" <-- are you trying to stop people from criticizing? They want answers and is why they're making repetitive threads. Just like in our forums here, we never stopped complaining about the 'friend currently unavailable' bug because we haven't gotten any response from kChamp. Don't use the word 'we' as if you have evidence that we all agree. Posts like this will greatly, negatively stereotype the Steam peeps. As Staple said, it would just make you look dumb.

SSL community hub in a nutshell.

@Google567
    Please spam Kyle about this until he responds.

referee11 and Staple like this.