1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Weapon Collision

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Goomba, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

There are many approaches that this weapon collision path can take, one of which I have an idea for that could make gameplay very new and diverse. Some of the things weapon collision can include is:
    These would be toggleable, in case you prefer vanilla gameplay
    "Cancel-Out" - If you and an enemy shoot weapons that cross paths, they could cancel out and both weapons would 'die'.

"Askew Collision" - When weapons touch each other in the air, they would get knocked in the direction of the momentum. This could allow for team trickshots, and each would get a "Collision Bonus +5 XP"

"Buff" - When a weapon hits another, it gets powered up by the other, giving it a boost in damage or radius.

"Dominance" - Some weapons can have dominance over others (based on tiers). If a dominant weapon hits another less dominant, it would "kill" the other weapon and the dominant one would remain. This adds a depth of strategy to the game (Do you try to cross the enemies firing path to make their shot useless? Or will your shot get killed in the process?)

And drumroll.... "Fusion Weapons (Shellshock Alchemy)

- Essentially this means that you can work with teammates to cross firing paths. When you cross weapons, there is a chance that they can "fuse" together. Different weapons can make different combinations, and there can be a "Library" of weapon combinations that you've encountered.

Some of these weapons can include:

- Breaker + Splitter = Breaking Splitter
    - Shot + Sniper = Ballista (Sniper with a large bullet)
    - Air Strike + Snake = Snakes on a Plane (It's raining snakes !)
    - Popcorn + Chicken Fling = Popcorn Chicken
    - 2012 + Firestorm = Apocalypse
    - Pinger + Bolt = Tesla Coil
    - Blaze + Creek = Obsidian Stream
    - Dual Roller + Saw Blade = Sawsplit
    - Lightning + Rain = Thunderstorm
    - Solar Flare + Starfire = Sunfury
    - Sunflower + Breaker Chain = Breaker Madness
    - Shockshell + Slammer = Stomper
    - UFO + Helicoper = Abduction
    - Ninja + Ninja = Samurai
    - Inferno + Mage = Pyro Spell
    - River + Mage = Aqua Spell
    - Bolt + Mage = Surge Spell
    - Hail + Mage = Frost Spell
    - Stone + Mage = Ground Spell
    - Hover-Ball + Mage = Wind Spell
    - One Bounce + Mage = Rubber Spell
    - Grenade + Mage = Explosive Spell
    - Grand Finale + Cactus = Blooming Cactus
    - Desert + Sprinkler = Oasis
    - Cactus Strike + Desert = Sahara
    - God Rays + Make-it-Rain = Gear Geyser (Rains gears for everyone !)
    - Moles + Python = Giant Worm
    - Orbitals + Shooting Star = Galaxy
    - Sniper + Sniper = Supersnipe
    - Goldfish + Sawblade = Sharks
    - Ghost Bomb + Skeleton = Spookshot
    - Earthquake + Earthquake + Earthquake = Tremor
    - Clover + Cat = Lucky Cat
    - Flower + Sprouter = Garden
    - DeathShadow + Nuke = Unseen Doom
    - Shredders + Needler = Needler Bomb

And many more can be added, the possibilities are endless and more can be added in updates.
    Got some ideas for more that you don't see? Tell them to me and I will add them.
    Maybe a webpage or something can be made that shows what weapons would be when fused with other ones.

Penguin, RumMumMario, Staple and 2 others like this.
  2. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Will probably just be something like, if Nuke hits One Bounce, One Bounce will vanish because it's less powerful. Great ideas nonetheless ;D

3. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Or nuke just blows up in mid air. That would be interesting though to see how this would work.

4. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

thats a great idea,however once your team tank shoted you should be able to see how he shoted/wich power.basicly once he "locked on" his shot a tracer would appear that shows how weapon will be shoted(it will remain till you locked in your shot) so you will be able to do "fusion" with that.
    ps:great idea that would make clan battles something EPIC
    2nd ps: shot + nuke/mega nuke = perfect strike,200 dmg in a shot range + 100 dmg in a nuke range
    3rd ps: there maybe be up to 3 weaps fusions? and idea would be sniper + smart sniper + sub sniper= deadly sniper: once all 3 sniper stacked it will automaticly go on the nearest target dealing 400 dmg.
    it would go automaticly on target cause of smart sniper skill,it would travel going trougth the ground cause sub snipe skill,and it would deal 400 dmg cause making colliding 3 snipers needs huge skills and cordination of 3 players
    4rd ps: there maybe be an entire mode with colliding shots/fusions giving alaways to the thanks weapon that can do fusion together :D and dealing 0 dmg like rebound if you dont respect rules,if the collision is did using a bumper/portal it will give 25 xp bonus considerating how mad skills players should have to do such a shot

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  5. Goomba

I was thinking that with the tracer. I was trying to come up with something that wouldn't be too OP. If teammates can see each other's shots, but you can't see the tracer for your own, that would work like you said. It could offer a lot to the table, and would be a risk/reward option. The two weapons would "fuse" and turn into an epic high damage weapon.
    There would also be a +5 XP Fusion Bonus, and
    of course this would be toggleable in the game settings. If someone would find this annoying.

6. Penguin

i don t think anyone would think that it's anoying :) this idea would make ssl way more multiplayering and intersting
    edit:if you was talking about putting of tracer i have to say NO.it would already be very hard to make colliding weaps with thems,putting off tracers would be a waste of time to make fusion weap update

7. Goomba

Oh no the tracers would be fine, it'd be incredibly hard to coordinate weapons to combine in the air without tracers. I don't know how people could do that haha

8. Penguin

k :D however i think that the weapon shoted with the most powerfull power should take the shot,for example if i shot a nuke at 100 power and my friend hits it with another weap with 60 power the trajectory of the fusion shot will be the same of my previous nuke.

9. Invictaa

Invictaa Unconfirmed Member

You should make a separate post about weapon fusion. That should be its own thing. It sounds epic.

MythicalRainbowPumpkins and LL99 like this.