1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

steam global achivements

Discussion in 'Talk Area' started by Penguin, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

hi! There are alot of steam games that i want to buy and now with steam summer sales it is the rigth time!I really like the achivement concept and then I alaways check achivements before buying a game.You can see how much people in % did the achivement and that is sad.I mean kingdom rush steam version is a tower defense game where there is achivement"first blood" that is basicly the 1st enemy kill.........and you know what only 85% of the people did that achivement?!That means 15% of the people that spent 10 dollars didn't even played the game 3 minutes...............really?
    Then i checked also shell shock live global achivement done,just 66,6 % of the people that spent 7 dollars(3,5 with the sales) played at least 5 games........What is wrong with this 33,3% people?
    I could understand if this ones were flash games but taking time and spending money to buy a game and not even playing it for 5 minutes it's something that i will never understand........The solution are 2:
    -the developpers buy more times it's own game to show that it is popular
    -the world is full of rich people with slaves that buy steam versions for'em
    I know you may think that after trying the game you don't like and you immediatly quit but some achivements are so fast to get and if you don't get em it means you didn't even tryied out the game...
    this was something that i wanted to share with someone since long time!Thx for reading have a nice day
    (sorry that I made 2 threads in short time in talk area but like i said it is something i wanted to share since a veeeeeeery long time)
    If you are someone that often do that plz give the money to me istead wasting it in that way,thx :)

2. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

3. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

I need them wAlLEt FuNDz. ;_;

Anyways, I have figured out the reason for the 33% no-play rate. Most of these people are looking for local multiplayer in the game, but find out it isn't there. They then return the game. Steam doesn't remove their presence in the stats, even though they don't own the game anymore. It also keeps them in "total copies bought", even though they returned it. When you add it to the other small group who never play the game, you get 33%.
    I think this is a tactic that might actually be done on some small-scale games. Not saying SSLS is that way, but it certainly is possible. Even though there is no profit in the end (1 money -> 0= 1 <- money 0), when 0 is the game and 1 is the dev), it fools people into thinking the game is more popular than it is. However, you can only write one review per Steam account, and I doubt they would bother to make 20 to increase the ratings of their game.

Penguin likes this.
  4. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

1st point: explain much things!But when you buy a tower defense game not even doing 1 kill is pretty much akward
    2: yes it is used alot no only for games(like spamming views in youtube)

5. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

You know how many games I buy that I never touch, I just buy the games because they are a good deal and to expand my steam library.

Tavi likes this.
  6. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

I think I had the 'complete all missions' achievement before the 'play 5 matches' achievement, or at least very close together. There could've been lots that bought it when it was new or in the early, low activity days, saw there was no activity, then quit. That's what I did, took over a year to return, had like 6th pvp match a year after I bought it.

Also, what Goomba said. Just collecting because cheap. Have over 300 games, haven't even opened majority of them. Heh, some aren't even on steam anymore.))