1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Shellshock Live 2 to Shellshock Live Steam. Is it really worth it?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by xXTacocubesXx, Jun 19, 2015.

1. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I'd say it's worth it now more than ever! It used to cost 15 bucks which is ridiculous. But now the cost has been reduced to $5.24. But is it still worth it? 5 bucks to own everything on ssl steam, or 300 bucks to own everything in ssl2? Watch this video and decide for yourself. This guy has posted a few good quality videos of this game. I recommend taking a glance at the rest of his videos, dropping him a like and a sub! Watch in 60 fps.

Penguin, Mr Synikal and Awesume like this.
  2. xXTacocubesXx

PLEASE READ Certain things to take note before asking questions: There's no music in this video but there's a variety of decent soundtracks that fit the game well, or you can turn them off and listen to your own!
    While you get way more value over ssl2, it requires so much grinding to unlock everything. But at least you don't have to pay $300 for it all!
    The game's still in beta and needs a lot of work! A tough job for just one man. Even now, the developer is continuing to update the game with bug fixes, new game modes, new weapons!
    There are so few players it's difficult for everyone to find a game. Most of the few including myself who went and bought the game early are now high levels, making it difficult for new players to grow. But that's why I'm advocating this game here in a ssl2 thread! So we can have more players and hopefully all the new players will be able to find a game with people of their level! I so desperately want this game to grow. It's 5 freaking bucks, what are ya waiting for! If you don't like it you can get your money back!
    The aiming is different than ssl2! Now it takes less power to shoot farther. If you were good at arcing in ssl2, you're gonna have to relearn those angle numbers. But it's very easy to adjust! You're going to find the aim makes more sense than in ssl2. Certain weapons have been nerfed and buffed. For example nuke did over 100 on ssl2, now it does 80 on steam. Napalm did around 88 dmg without crit on ssl2, but now it can do well over 100 depending on your upgrades. But maxing out your barrel yields a much higher chance of crit hits than putting several coins on a crit barrel on ssl2 which is probably why the nerfs are there. Some weapons that have been made weaker become very op with a maxed barrel!
    There's still many weapons missing from ssl2 that are not currently in the steam version. Spligger, EE bomb, fast forward, zits, phantom, moon ball, bullseye, supersniper, drill bits, kamakazi, anvil and some others I can't remember. But there's some cool new weapons too!
    The way you unlock weapons is different. First you have to unlock the first tier of a weapon, then you have to keep using it to unlock the next tier and so forth. For example you start out with a digger. Keep using it to unlock mega digger. Keep using that and you unlock excavation! So instead of just using the strong weapons and ignoring the weak ones, the game basically forces you to use everything so you can get a well rounded arsenal. The kicker though is that while you may unlock higher tiers it's still possible to get lower tiers in the mix. For example, if you unlocked excavation, you're still gonna get regular diggers sometimes. The tank leveling system is also different. In ssl2 there are 50 levels, then you can prestige and restart to lvl 1. On steam there's 80 standard levels. But after that there are 19 "prestige" levels up to 100 that require much more xp than the previous levels. It's done this way so the people who have less time can still get to a high level. If you got a lot on your plate and can't play all day, you can reach level 80 in maybe 3-6(?) months with occasional play. But those who have the free time can still level up and get to the REALLY good stuff.
    There are NO MICROTRANSACTIONS and there never will be! It's pay once and everything is yours! You can still collect tank coins now dubbed "gears" but they appear way more often. You will get gears almost every single game! You can spend them all in a shop where you can buy new weapons and maps and themes. There's currently not much but it has good potential.
    There is a single player for new players that will help them gain a good amount of levels before competing with the big boys online. The missions can get very annoying and bullshitty especially in the last few sets, but EVERYONE can do them!
    There are more game modes and variety online! You can have up to 600 hp games! You can have up to 8 players in one game! While many of the players now are high levels, most of them are very polite and fair and will be willing to help anyone if they are simply asked politely. WE DO NOT WANT TO TURN ANYONE AWAY! We are desperate for more people!
    You can choose not to buy and stick with ssl2. Or you can buy it now while the cheap price lasts and help grow the community and recommend this fine game to others!

Same review on steam, take a look: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198149704161/recommended/326460

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  3. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

10/10 most biased post on forums

how many games do you have on steam anyway

huh

on another note skyrim was cheaper than ssl at one point when they both went on sale

jgalloway64 and xXTacocubesXx like this.
  4. xXTacocubesXx

I appreciate your politeness and relevance. I'm just trying to give kChamp a helping hand getting more players. Because frankly this game's in a shitty ass state right now with few people joining and kChamp being slow with the updates and it's going to die if it remains like this forever. Someone's just gotta do something. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe growing the community isn't in our best interest and those 5 dollars are better spent somewhere else. I guess I should apologize for being an optimist too. Oh well, I tried. Too hard probably.

Mr Synikal, RumMumMario and Staple like this.
  5. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

im sorry i was acting shitty i still love you

xXTacocubesXx and RumMumMario like this.