1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

question

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by seanna salgau, Jan 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. seanna salgau

seanna salgau New Born (1) Member

How do I become a staff member or helper on here?

2. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

1) Don't ask or beg Forum Staff.
    2) Refer to the Forum Rules and Terms of Service.
    3) Join DH.

smb718 likes this.
  3. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Stop.

serbia98 likes this.
  4. Credipede

Credipede Forum Administrator Administrator

If that's the case, why do we only have 5 staff members (excluding Kyle)? Where are the other DH members which are supposed to be staff members, according to you?

Edit: Sorry for this comment. It's difficult to figure out what's a joke and what's not a joke on the internet, without gestures, without voices.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    AlmostSoClose and Bourne like this.
  5. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

No one can take a joke, it is no wonder this forum is dead according to some ...
    And to think no one has answered the question yet, just make an issue of a non issue. xD (I think that is borderline rule breaking huh?)

To answer your question ...

Perhaps down the line when there is a need for another moderator you might be chosen based on your skills and attributes you have exhibited on this forum during your time here.

In any case, you should never beg or ask especially after just joining the forum.

In time, if your right for the job I'm sure you will be notified. In the meantime, do your best to be a helpful and productive forum member without a reward and who knows what may await you ...

Our forum administers Black Widow and Incredipede would be the ones to judge if your right for the job. As you can see they are the pivotal examples of industrious, hard working, self- serving, and talented staff members among others given such a privilege that keep this forum the grand place it is today ... that being the Official ShellShock Live Forum.

RumMumMario and Tavi like this.
  6. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Well said, the forums wouldn't be what it is now without the tremendous effort our fellow staffs put in. Keep the spirit going! :)

7. Mr Synikal

Mr Synikal Sergeant Major (12) Member

I would like to see staff members actively promote the forum somehow by taking ownership and participate with uplifting content instead of just enforcing rules, banning people or disciplining. There should be some sort of encouragement to brighten the activity here with positive vibes.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  8. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

How tho? It's hard to promote a forum when it's only geared towards a very specific audience (People who like this game) and especially when the steam discussion boards are way more noticeable and popular to use than here.

RumMumMario and Credipede like this.
  9. Candor

Candor Forum Peasant Moderator

As you know I have tried to do so with my efforts with tournaments. However, SSLS as a game has yet to fully develop, along with the community; at least when it comes to tournaments as regularly as we may have once been able to.

We could host events and or activities, but honestly, we can only be as involved the developer and we are merely forum staff!

However! if you have any suggestions please inform us!

Credipede likes this.
  10. Mr Synikal

Mr Synikal Sergeant Major (12) Member

You've been the only one that has made an effort for highlighting an interest with tournaments, but unfortunately we found out that it's almost impossible to have opponents ready to engage at a specific time due to variable time zones, interest, etc. when using Kyle's current SSLS tournament system. I, personally, appreciated your effort with that and I was there when I needed to be but it's seeming that we cannot rekindle what we once had with the clan battles on SSL2. For me, it's a shame because those were good times. I've just noticed that this forum and the camaraderie among its member is not relevant as it once was before SSLS beta started 2 years ago.

Holy2334, as I, understand that Steam's discussion boards are more prominent because this forum is not a direct correlation with Steam other than just being a link on the game's main page. I've learned that some SSLS players are not aware that this forum, strangely enough, even exists. I don't know what the answer is to revitalize this forum and it's apparent no one else knows either. Maybe it's just my lack of participation but the subject matter seems to just always be about bugs, glitches and crappy updates. Something I don't find interesting. Oh well, no biggie. Have a good one.

Credipede and Candor like this.
  11. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

Spam in-game lobby with link to forum ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

12. Tugdil

Tugdil Private E-1 (2) Member

That could be a great idea!
    I suggest that whenever we are online, we post the link to the forum in the chat. That could help getting more players here.