1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

New mod/update

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Penguin, May 4, 2016.

1. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

The new mod concept isn't bad,it's nice to have pure skill based games(or almost).However i feel like the xp given should be different depending of the lvl.A low lvl should get less xp cause he basicly got great advantage by playing this mode while an high lvl don't have any advantage.All the things that i worked for are gone and i should also play with half xp???NO.This mod is supposed to give chances to win for low lvl against high lvls,but an high lvl would never play it with half xp so i think that every lvl should have a specific xp mult for that mod.(or at least lvl 10 to 30 gives some 31 to 60 give some ecc.)

About clan leaderboards: cool but why can't we see the other 2 leader boards(single xp and skill rate) directly in game?Way quickier and easy,just like ssl2 leader board
    ps:However high lvl or not,should this mode give more xp anyway?You don't get any upgrade to the tank just a lvl 1 wouldn't get any bad change,it's still an "handicap"added to your tank just like one weapon mod..........Maybe this low xp it's due to the fact that a low lvl would get ALL weapons for free,that's just another point to make different xp for low lvls and high ones

Tavi, GooodHerb and Taylor like this.
  2. jbalwin

jbalwin Corporal (5) Member

I feel like the idea of lowering the EXP amount for using the Level Field mod doesn't need to be added. One suggestion I would say to do is make it not change the EXP at all. Something like Level Field doesn't need to lower the EXP just because it changes the weapons, upgrades, etc. The name would make more sense if it was 1.0x EXP anyway right?

Scarlet and GooodHerb like this.
  3. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Silly Kyle, you make a patch to discourage people from using rules. Then you add an option to turn it on or off. *Faceaplm*

Edit: I was looking at the steam discussion forums about this, and the reason why he did it was because of the complaints he was getting about the new thing that he added. I'm not sure if it's the ruler people complaining about it, or normal people, but it's too hard to tell.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  4. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Currently, the atmospheric nudging feature, while it might have potential, isn't that effective yet. Until the ruler thing gets sorted out, if it ever will, here are some of the best things you can possibly do to deal with ruler users in the meantime:

Play rebound mode
    Turn on wind
    Simply quit the game with ruler users in it, no shame in quitting a game with people playing in a way that you feel is unfair.

Or quit complaining, suck it up and build up your skills so you can, to quote @Penguin, "make ruler users cry". I don't say this in a jerky way, and many people are already proficient enough with this game that this advice doesn't necessarily apply. Spend time in the firing range, learn how the aiming system works and get more acquainted with it. Learn how to arc, figure out roughly where a shot will land when you shoot at 'x' angle at 100 power (This is how people figured out how to make the ruler). Then play around with wind.

I've seen probably one or two players with an astounding, seemingly profound understanding of the aiming system, landing insane, crazy, almost innovative skill shots. That's awesome, but all you need is a grade level ability to add and multiply, combined with a good familiarity with the aiming system, and ruler users will crumble at your superior skill!

Scarlet, Taylor and Tavi like this.
  5. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Probably both. Not sure if Kyle saw all of us here complaining. And this: http://prntscr.com/b0n8ms