1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Items sold in the gear shop!!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kibbles, Apr 28, 2016.

1. kibbles

kibbles Private E-2 (3) Member

Each item should be sold in the gear shop for 10 gears each.

If you think about it, this is very fair and balanced. Items add a new dimension to the game that still is not appreciated the way it should be. This is because items are somewhat rare (even more so for lower level tanks). The great thing in this game is that hosts have the option to DISABLE items if that is the kind of match they desire, so matches with items turned on should be a battle of items as well. This cannot happen if players are low on items.

Hear me out.
    Items are only single use, and require MANY uses to level up. They are very versatile and contribute a lot to the battle. If they are in the gear shop for 10 gears a piece, then 10 items would cost 100 gears. 100 gears is not too difficult to get, but it does take time. this way, lower level players will be able to get items as well, while higher level players still wouldn't be able to abuse buying items in the shop.

Not many players have more than 2k gears. this would only be able to buy 200 items, but at the end of the day it really doesn't matter how many items the player has because they spent their hard earned gears for it. The only item i can see being abused is supply drop, but a simple limitation of 1 supply drop per turn is all it takes to fix that. like i said earlier, if the host doesn't want their room to be an item room, they can simply turn it off in the hosting options.

Okay let's consider this scenario. A team of 4 stack together and start using shields 1 by 1 for infinite protection. This is indeed an abuse, but shields can be used like this right now. With easier access to items, this can be countered with an emp. Maybe they can still use jet pack or teleporter to stack, but they would be using more items, and also more tank coins. It's not something that would be done every match. This would be a fixed match with 4 players teaming up before hand for this purpose. a fair hosted match, it would be EXTREMELY rare for this to happen. or the host can just turn items off and there is no problem. Keep in mind that players can use items right now and they are pretty much not abused at all.

Advantages:
    • Tracer in the gear shop would discourage the use of aimbot rulers since players will have easier access to tracer. Only difference is that tracer will cost the player 10 tank coins for less abuse, and it's still not perfect which makes it well balanced.
    • Spamming items will reduce the players gear count. This means that players can't keep stocking up on so many gears, and the less gears they have, the less they can spam items.
    • Players will actually be able to level up their items without having to log hundreds of hours of playtime.
    • Having easier access to buying items can help level the playing field between a lvl 20 and a lvl 80. As it stands right now, the lvl 80 will have better weapons AND all of the items.
    • Don't like players using items? no problem, simply disable it in the host options before the match starts.
    • Less chance to abuse low level players with trapping them if they have easier access to a jet pack or teleport, or if a bumper spawns over them and they can't get away.
    • Gears have more to be spent on and won't just be there stocking up aimlessly once the player has all they need from what is currently in the gear shop. Items are disposable, so it's perfect. The player can keep coming back to buy the same thing if they want.
    • Is there an annoying player stacking you each turn? No problem. Hit em with an emp you bought from the gear shop.
    Please discuss your thoughts and questions below only AFTER reading the entirety of this post. Hmmm, then again, if this line is last, then anyone not reading the entire thread won't be reading this anyway. Would be kind of awkward to start with this though. Meh. It's also the reason i don't add a poll.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  2. MeowrPower

MeowrPower Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Firstly want to add, if you get the item find perk in the luck tree you will get way more items from that then you ever will from buying them in the gear shop.
    Secondly, apart from tracer lasting slightly longer, there is no advantage to leveling items up that I have noticed at all.
    Thirdly, if the way you describe it were to happen, high level players would just always have items off (as a lot do anyway) so it doesn't balance it like that at all, and no manner of items will bridge the gap between low and high level players. Especially since the beam weapons can still hit through shields anyway and at this point most high level players have hundreds of each item saved up from not using them. For example I have 200+ shields, how will a low level beat me if I decided to use them?
    Lastly, good aim will always counter emp/jet pack/teleport and therefore no use for tracers either.

So my main opinion here is that items as a whole are pretty useless to spend gears on.

However!
    If kyle was ever to include things like 1-2 hours of x2 xp for 100 gears or something like that, that would be infinitely more useful than 10 items

Tavi likes this.
  3. CreepDaPie (Blooky)

CreepDaPie (Blooky) New Born (1) Member

cant you only have up to 5 of 1 item? if not then they could add something like that

P.S. i quite like the idea but 10 gears is a little cheap, id say about 50

4. kibbles

i think there's been a misunderstanding here. i've had the luck perk for items for a while, and getting items still takes quite a bit of time. it depends on how lucky you are, and how many hours you log into the game. the problem is that higher level players who play longer are getting all of the items. if items were sold in the shop, i'd be able to buy more than quadruple the total amount of items i've ever had.

leveling up shield and emp makes the effect last longer. i'm sure leveling up jet pack and teleporter increase the range or base range or whatever.

the point i am trying tom make is that using items should be a bigger deal than it is. people turn items off because they don't want items being used. when items are turned on, it should be a battle of weapons, as well as items. i'm not talking about bridging the gap between low levels and high levels. i'm talking about items being an element of the game to give lower levels an extra edge in battle. a lower level with no track can take away a huge advantage the higher level may have with track by hitting them with an emp. sure, this can happen now, but i'm talking about making it a regular thing.

the reason that items get saved up so much for players is because they aren't being used as much as they could be. sure, some players simply choose to not use items. there's nothing wrong with that. for most players, items are not used too often because they are so rare to get. when items are turned on and most of these players are now using items, then more players will be using items to counter.

how a low level will beat a high level with more shields is up to how the battle plays out. items are there to help give players an edge. it's not going to be balanced when one player is using items and another player is not. that's why items should be sold in the gear shop. if the host chooses to have items on, everyone will be on a similar page and ready to cast their items.

emp, jet pack and teleport are multi-purpose. a player may be trapped in a hole and want to get out. maybe they have low track or someone used an emp on them. it's not just about good aim. that's the beauty of what items have to offer in this game. if players want to battle with items, then they will buy them from the shop as well as find them in-game. if not, they simply won't. the beauty again is in the diversity of choice offered to the player.

5. jbalwin

jbalwin Corporal (5) Member

I don't feel as if items need to be bought from the store. If you actually care about having them that much, then upgrade luck to around half way. You'll get items much quicker than you think. Also I would like to add the fact that even though items like shield and tracer seem strong, they really aren't when it comes down to it. Those few turns of having a shield isn't going to change the flow or outcome of the game as much as you may think if you are wanting to buy them. Finally, if after all of this you still think that they need to add the ability to buy items, then account for the fact that once it's added, no one will ever have items turned on in matches unless the host is the one with all the bought items. People generally aren't gonna want to play with someone stocked up on items for them to spam in the game. I can appreciate your idea and have had it myself when I first started playing, but the more you think about it, the more you start to realize it would ruin the idea of items in the first place. I fully agree with Meowerpower's points also.

6. kibbles

the idea is not for items to simply be in the gear shop, but for items to be more easily attainable for even lower level players. items are essentially one time use and disposable. and so they should be priced as what they are.

7. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

first point: i have item perk and i don't get too much items :/
    second point: agree something should be done about that
    third point: items like shield can't be spamed but yhea i'm not sure that adding items to gear shop would really increase balance
    However i don't think it's a bad idea at all,i mean i have so many useless gears :/ if items had decent lvl ups i would for sure buy some(i would for sure buy jets and teleports,never get thems in box!)