1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Invictaa's Review (exposed xd)

Discussion in 'Fun Area' started by MythicalRainbowPumpkins, Dec 5, 2016.

1. MythicalRainbowPumpkins

MythicalRainbowPumpkins Unconfirmed Member

The best ssl review i have ever seen:

Honestly, this game is really fun, but it's terrible. There are plenty of glitches, missing features, and terrible updates.

I feel like ever since the UI was changed, it just got worse and worse. It went from convenient and simple, to tedious and overexaggerated. There was no reason to change it. It was perfect before. The absolute worst part of this game is the updates. In the beginning, updates happened pretty much once a week, and had CONTENT. But now, the dev (from here on refered to as Kyle) shows the upcoming updates in-game with inaccurate release dates. A prime example, recently pixel was released. The update contained the new weapon, pixel, and the other 3 tiers above it. However, this update came out NINE DAYS after it was supposed to. Kyle just kept changing the release date in-game. I took programming in high school, so I know the basics. Programming a weapon like that requires almost no effort, and should have been released EARLIER than the release date. A similar thing is happened AS I WRITE THIS REVIEW. Another update has been extended by SEVEN days.

Kyle is a terrible dev, and is probably the laziest dev I have ever seen on any game. (Maybe besides No Man's Sky) No time or effort is put into this game anymore, and at this rate, will never come out of early access. Hell, since I started playing, which was over 6 months ago, ZERO prestige weapons have been added. As a level 96, that means I am missing about A DOZEN first tier weapons. It is hard seeing them ever put into the game. I've been waitinf for them for so long, and they never came.

I have a lot of fun playing this game, but Kyle is doing a terrible job at owning and updating his game. This game needs a lot more time and effort put into it, which clearly Kyle isn't willing to do. Absolute terrible developer. I only wrote this review to call him out. But while I'm at it, here are some other reasons to buy or NOT buy this game:

- Requires way too much power to run for some reason. For a 2D tank game, it can run pretty slow on below average graphics cards
    - Cancerous fan base. Most people are either 11 or are just simply ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
    - Clans are pointless. They have no use and no point.
    - Useless skill/ELO system. No one gives a ♥♥♥♥ about skill lol. Anyone that does it ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
    - Lots of glitches, as previously mentioned
    - Terrible, delayed, useless, unwanted, stupid, annoying, and contentless updates. The updates are TERRIBLE. I can;t even stress than enough
    - Terrible dev.
    - Terrible game.
    - Play if you like getting cancer.
    - Don't buy it.
    - Kyle doesn't deserve your money.
    - Bye.

In conclusion, this game could be a lot better, if it was owned by the right person. (aka not Kyle)

Buy the game when KChamp doesn't own it anymore or when he stops being such a lazy piece of ♥♥♥♥.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/urmomloldabxd/recommended/326460/ - Kebby (link to the review, share it, rate it, love it)

2. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

The game isn't bad, definitely not. It's an awesome game for $6 especially because Kyle fixed some major issues earlier this year (less grinding etc). Everything else is what we've been saying for 2 whole years since the beta release of the game.

Holy2334 likes this.
  3. Mr Synikal

Mr Synikal Sergeant Major (12) Member

One of the worst things I've seen in Kyle's updates is the inability to balance leveling correctly. He changed the leveling criteria 3 times and basically gave everyone an easy way out to get to Level 100 in a relatively short amount of time. For me, and a few others, we earned Level 100 the hard way before the leveling was ever tweaked. It was a painstaking ordeal and an actual challenge. It's when being Level 100 actually meant respect because we all knew how hard it was to get. Now it means nothing. This game has been in early access for almost 2 years and my disappointment is beyond words with the lack of developmental content he's had the chance to achieve in this time. Another thing that's bothersome is when he makes new weapons. It's not new weapons to be exact; it's only one weapon poorly glorified 3 and 4 times over. But of course Kyle will take the credit of adding "more" weapons. To me, it's just wasted space for what could be good opportunity to add substantial content.

Awesume and Taylor like this.
  4. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

I completely agree. It's a shame a lot of us older members have still stayed with this game while Kyle has given us every reason to leave. The fact that all these new members since the boom are just experiencing a measure of disappointment we have for 2 years plus is surely a bad thing going forward.

At the very least it's not surprising if Kyle actually gets this game to where it should of been a long time ago but I think it's completely understandable we have the right to be critical of every update going forward.

It's just getting to the point where you don't even have a reaction to the way he's gone about such things as game development, lack of communication, any public announcement of a plan, any reward for those that have stayed or even payed how much initially for the game (for themselves or others. That 500 gears reward was a joke.), Weapons becoming simply fillers at this point in terms of tiers), and the value of one's level meaning nothing.

Awesume likes this.
  5. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Lmao he changed it as of yesterday.

6. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member