1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

How rich Kyle is?

Discussion in 'Talk Area' started by Penguin, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

Hi!Today I checked if Kyle updated SSL like he should have done 2 days ago and he didn't, nothing new (well he didn't even changed the update preview box so yes there is a new thing:he is a little more lazy ass than before).But yhea there isn't really something new in it,what caugth my attention is a message from lobby chat box and here the message:

"yhea now i'm under 100,000 in leaderboard"

then I checked steam page of SSL and i got surprised about how popular it is now :/.Now there are like 1500 online players and,calculating that most players are from USA and for USA now it's probably about 1 am to 4 am that is impressive.

then my questions are 2:

1: how rich kyle is?
    2: does he even know that SSL is so popular?
    3: If yes does he smoke too much weed?Cause having a money machine like that and work on it 1/10 than he did before sound too akward to me.

I know NOTHING about game development and i don't have any idea about how much time kyle works to create a weapon,but 1 year ago when SSL had 3 players online in lucky days he made lots of weapons,content ecc at x5 of the current fire rate.Kyle why are you doing this now that your work can give you way more?????
    I'll never understand him and his actions,probably because I don't know anything about him :/ but if he does 1 crappy update a month because he is lazy,that is stupid........I hope he doesn't have some problems that maybe are the cause of this slow update rate

2. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Lowest price: $4
    Minimum player count: 100,000

$4 * 100,000 = $400,000

He made at least $400k dollars from SSLS alone. That's a lot of fucking money flowing into his bank account. He should be aware of it.

A lot of beta game developers abandon the game once they made enough money out of it. I don't know his life and if this is his full time job or not, but he deserves all the criticism he gets until he lets us know what's up.

Honestly the game is much better than it was last year and saying that Kyle doesn't deserve the money is a bit blatant. He made a game that people really enjoy (his updates in January were awesome), and if people liked that game, then he deserves the credit for it. Whether he wants to use the money to make the game even better or not is up to him.

3. Penguin

infact i never said he doesn't desserve money,i say that it is kinda stupid stopping to work good now that his work can bring to him lots of money(way more than before).
    note: i tougth something similar is SSL his full job or he has another?He made At least 400,000 dollar in just a year with this game,so there is maybe a chance that ssl was his 2nd work but now become the first?Since it's hard to have a work that makes you more than 400 k a year and SSL would probably grow like 10 times more with:

-rigth and frequent updates
    -time
    -official realase
    Assuming that kyle is a normal man with normal amount of money it is really hard to know why he don't work like BEAST on ssl since he can become millionaire with that.That makes me think that kyle is a wise man with a very long beard that thinks money is not all about life xD

4. RumMumMario

Yeah I actually meant to say it to others who were saying that he didn't deserve the money and whatnot.

To be honest the game does have potential, but not enough to become as popular. If I were him I'd quickly finish off the game and move onto new projects.

Penguin and Taylor like this.
  5. ComplexOri

ComplexOri Sergeant (7) Member

Another thread hating on Kyle. There was an update an average of about 3.965 days before it got popular, now there is an update an average of 5.75. This is just less than 2 days longer. It should be expect for a game with 1 person having ideas that might work. Programming a game isn't easy, he might have had a new weapon made, but there was lots of bugs he had to fix that took a few days to fix most of them. I guess he could hire a guy to help him, because he is definitely richer than $500,000, but maybe he can't find anyone willing to help him that is as good or better than him at programming the game. Also, if you own a dog, you can't just play with it 1 hour a day and have it in their cage unless they need to do their business. You have to train them to not do some stuff and have them be your friend.

OrganizationXIII likes this.
  6. Penguin

average of 5,75?I seriously doubt it is true and even if it is 1/2 of updates gives nothing,this useless updates say to fix bugs but to be honest i can't see anything fixed :/ so i guess that this 5,75 should be AT LEAST x2 then you have something new every 11 days.Even updates that gives something true like weaps are way weaker than before
    -now you get 1 new weapons every 2 weeks in good times
    -before in 2 weeks OR LESS you got one of this updates: 11 brand new weapons, new achivements + 5 weapons, new game modes, true bug fix with 2/3 weapons,prestige system with cool weapons as well ecc.

so we got more time to wait and like 1/7 qaulity updates

sry but saying that kyle is doing a good job is quite ridiculous :/ and can you explain me why you are saying he is alone/the only dev?He was alone even before so it is not a point

7. RumMumMario

If this was his full time job then either he sucks at coding or doesn't want to spend his time on this game anymore. The coding knowledge you need to make updates for this game is very minimal, I know a guy who coded single player pocket tanks for his 12th grade computer science project dude. As of bug fixes, that can be tricky and I don't know much about those stuff so I can't say a lot.

All he needs to do is keep in touch with the community. That's all. A simple "Sorry guys, I have a full-time job and it's hard to find time for this game." would resolve everything. This factor alone makes him an overall shitty developer, especially because this is a multiplayer game.

Penguin likes this.
  8. ComplexOri

I never said he did a good job. The only thing that he isn't alone is the music. He is probably getting stressed about people hating on him, so he has to set out sometimes, because even when he does add weapons, everyone hates on it, making him not enjoy updating as much. So stop complaining about him not doing as much updates, it is the probably that many people that asked for new weapons just hates on it. You probably don't see any bug fixed, but some 100 people probably can play the game, plus there was much more bug fixes early on than anything, and the first new weapon added to the game was Shrapnel, 2 months after the game was released. At least some of the weapons are more unique than some of the ones before. He doesn't do it as a job, I heard he does it as a hobby.

9. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

10. ComplexOri

That means Kyle is indeed a millionaire! Wow! He owes each of those YouTuber at least $20,000.

11. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Corporal (5) Member

12. RumMumMario

13. Penguin

7 dollars x400 (let's make 300 for people who had discount) 7x300= 2,100,000.00 dollars ............... i mean every new player get wet with a low quality update every 2 week imagine how popular SSL would become if he added another 11 weapon/any great update?I really hope in that new game mode(he changed the update preview box)

14. Holy2334

He doesn't get all that money btw. Steam takes a cut of that.

15. Penguin

well i Still think that he gone well over then million

16. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Lord knows about Kyle. There's such a lack of communication and transparency from him. I know what a great achievement it was to make SSL on steam, but I just wish he'd communicate more. I'm a broken record at this point.

17. Holy2334

He tried, it didn't go well.

18. Penguin

what do you mean with didn't go well?Because he still heared comunity during this time and that was great,most of people (even if I didn't liked it) wanted to nerf OP close range weapons and we got that nerf,most of people wanted to power up prestige weapons black hole and puzzler and we got that power up.This was great 3/4 months of comunication that actually did something good.Belive me SSL wouldn't be the same with close weapons high damage and weak prestige weapons

19. RumMumMario

I think he's talking about the dog thread. But to be fair he should've seen the backlash coming. "I got a dog" after months without updates is not the smartest decision.

20. Holy2334

It wasn't just the dog thread, though that may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, but it was everything prior to that moment that made it not go well.

21. OrganizationXIII

OrganizationXIII Corporal (5) Member

Tbh, @Penguin, can you at least learn about coding and debugging at least, i think youre just saying all about weapon and stuff because you dont, first off i need to start with the basic and what i see you are aiming for

Weapons: Theres an official weapon idea thread thats made, and people pour their heart into giving it a few basic thoughts on what weapons should be like if it ever comes out. from this point on, he has to figure out how to make the weapon work and if it COULD work the way people are describing it, this process is time-consuming if it COULD work, because from then you have to figure out a way that SHOULD work, and not cause issues. You have to animate such things as well, but that should be all in the coding, from then you have to do multiple tests to make sure it doesnt cause issues, this would be easier if he had a debug team, because lets face it, thats what they are hired for, but he doesnt, so he has to do multiple runs. He got it all to work out but just because he got a new weapon working, previous weapons could go wrong, so the same thing has to happen all over again.

Bugs/glitches: THIS IS THE MOST ANNOYING PART. Fixing something will just lead to more error in other parts, it will never be completely completed because every update will cause an error of some sort, especially for long running games such as this, so keeping this at minimum or not at all should be a goal, if theres like 1 or 3 bug, thats fine.

Finally Projects: If he is doing this as a hobby, thats cool, that means he doesnt have that much project to do with the game, or he hopes so, but if i was the developer of this game i would have wrote a thread saying "you guys sure are way too demanding, be in my shoes for once, wwell since youre never satisfied, heres the coding for the game, i wish you can do a better job" because quite frankly, the way people are annoyed at him for doing somethign he really likes would be really heartbreaking and stressful. I am a gamer myself and i like to demand, but i at least i have some decency when demanding things, i really hope you should try out some of this decency.

Overall, maybe instead of speaking for yourself and what you would like, you should try speaking for others. By others i mean the majority of shellshock which are actually satisfied with what little they are given. you get your moneys worth when you play this game and you even get more than what the price is, so maybe, just maybe, try to educate yourself more.

#IGotYourBackKyle

xXTacocubesXx and ComplexOri like this.
  22. Penguin

saying that he is working bad isn't something about education,he is a game dev and He is clrearly doing a bad job since the game after 1,5 year is still not official realased.
    He has a comunity that he never hear and about the weapon suggestion thread it: means nothing,at least he can shut down the suggestion section of the forum since all suggestions will never be heard.He can say to have problems with SSL and tell us why he is so slow but no,not even a sentence from him to a comunity that follow him and loved his work for years,how can you defend him?Sry but even if kyle do SSL for hobby like you say(I seriously doubt it is true)he can spend 5 minutes a week for his comunity doing a simple post on forums

note: i'll repeat it till I die,once there was a black firday on ssl where many people spent 200 dollars to buy 10 k tc because it was said "everything you got in ssl2 will be on steam" so he made people spend money with a LIE.So till there are not veteran rewards he is a thief :/

23. OrganizationXIII

OrganizationXIII Corporal (5) Member

i will keep defending him, because for one thing, no one knows what goes up in his life, so far all we know is he have a puppy. you cant talk about someone unless you know what they are going through, its the truth. for all we know he could be depressed and thats why his updates are slow, but honestly, i wish you tried making your own game, try it out, something easy like RPGMaker, once you do that, come back and then talk.
    thats all

24. Penguin

[QUOTE="OrganizationXIII, post: i wish you tried making your own game, try it out, something easy like RPGMaker, once you do that, come back and then talk.
    thats all[/QUOTE]
    one of the few things we know about kyle is that he gone to an university of game programing so I don't expect from him just to work like a normal man.A normal man can say that a pro boxer is weak even if this normal man would get his ass destroyed by this boxer,when he says he is weak he means for the average of a pro boxer and so i do with updates that kchamp is doing.I also say that he is doing a bad work if you compare to the great things that he did in past times.It is Kchamp choice,what really makes me angry is how no meaning at all is the comunity is for him.

25. RumMumMario

I think the quality of the weapons that we get are enough to prove his lack of work without one having any knowledge in coding.