1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

CropDuster Supreme

Discussion in 'Announcements & Updates' started by kChamp, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kChamp

kChamp Developer Developer

As I mentioned earlier, the last couple weeks I've been polishing up a small stupid game I made a while back for release on Steam the last couple weeks. I've just uploaded it to Greenlight, where if will need to get community votes to be accepted to Steam (ShellShock Live went through this as well). I'm hoping to be done with the process soon and get back to working on SSL asap.

In the meantime, I'd really appreciate some "Yes" votes from you guys. The quicker the voting process is over, the faster I can get back to SSL. Here's the Greenlight page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=530554681

I told you it was stupid :p

2. Credipede

Credipede I'm a human, not an insect Administrator

Looks like a small and fun game. I guess I'll vote for it, why not.

Taylor and kChamp like this.
  3. kChamp

kChamp Developer Developer

Thanks!

4. RumMumMario

RumMumMario General of the Army (25) Member

That game stinks.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH GET IT LOLOL HEIHAHAWHWHAHHWEAHWEHAWEHAEHAhawrfhoheihg
    jk i voted yes

DinomanIV and kChamp like this.
  5. Candor

Candor Forum Peasant Moderator

Can't be worse than 'Shower With Your Dad Simulator' , and look how well that did...

kChamp likes this.
  6. Holy2334

Holy2334 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

I don't even.......

(I voted yes because I have a strange feeling that it's going to be a hit)

kChamp likes this.
  7. Batgirl

Batgirl Major General (22) Member

This game is exactly (almost) like infectionator game lol

Voted yes cuz the other game was a hit

Taylor likes this.
  8. LL99

LL99 Corporal (5) Member

I voted yes (this guy is from canada?)

9. Taylor

Taylor Trolls Beware ^o^ Former Moderator

I think it differs cause you have a time limit and have to go around the whole room with your arrow keys farting in front of everyone.
    On infectanator, you had so much life and you had to upgrade your skills so that everyone could have the chance to get infected.

Seems like it would be enjoyable so I voted yes.

10. LL99

LL99 Corporal (5) Member

PS. Will be a special weapon based from this game?

11. Mr Synikal

Mr Synikal Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Not interested. #SSLSabandoned Finish what you start, will ya? :mad:

SubZero, Staple and Qpozcvuu like this.
  12. Holy2334

He's getting back to it yo. Chill.

Taylor likes this.
  13. Taylor

Lol if we are talking about abandoned, SSL2 is the cornerstone of the word. Yet people flock to it in high numbers so proves you can keep an abandoned game afloat with enough dumb people paying.

SSL is far from that in terms we have actual helpful players instead of a majority of ego pay to win players lol.

A short side project is nothing to try and get people outraged about. No wonder many devs don't talk to players and just put out content without a second thought to player's wants/dislikes.

14. Mr Synikal

Mr Synikal Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Yo. I'm just saying that putting the SSLS development on the back burner didn't seem like a very smart idea while trying to Greenlight what he is calling a new "stupid game" when his supportive community is still here waiting patiently for SSLS to be fully developed and ready for official release. We all know that it's not ready by far and there is so much more that needs to be done. After these last 7 months, the game's current state has very little content and it sure does look like he's losing his following in the meanwhile. Just look around...the game's dead, face it. My opinion is that to promote a waste of time "stupid game" in the middle of the SSLS development was a show that we and his progress don't really matter. Perhaps Kyle is getting bored like all of us. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. That voting poll he made was a joke if he doesn't consider the results of it. Rather it's "Hey! I'm going to introduce a new small stupid game, please support it" Really? He should prey on a different community because this is ShellShock Live. SSLS is dead and it's all on Kyle. I'm not the only one that thinks that, believe me. I just hope we get another new wep that does 20 damage. Call it "Fart Bomb" o_O

Umm...SSL2 is fully developed. Maybe you missed my point.

Kyle is going to do what he wants anyways so why would it matter to talk to us? It's totally obvious.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  15. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

its ok hell just keep adding more guns and maps, amirite

Mr Synikal likes this.
  16. SubZero

SubZero Master Sergeant (10) Member

Few typos in that preview. I would never play a game this silly, but hey the worlds pretty full of 5-13 year olds who dream about fart games. I don't know any parents that would buy this for them, but im sure there out there? The most silly game id ever play is SSLS, it was starting to turn around there for a min people talking good about reviews and constant updates. would be nice to have more people = more free advertisment.

Mr Synikal likes this.
  17. Goomba

Goomba Master Sergeant (10) Member

When I heard CropDuster Supreme, I thought of an epic plane fighting game similar to shellshock, where there is many different airplane types and weapons and environments. Having unlockables and plane upgrades.

But I mean, what we got is pretty close.

Better at least include a reference to the Burger King Halloween Whopper turning the guys farts super green.

Mr Synikal and Holy2334 like this.
  18. referee11

referee11 Captain (17) Member

I don't think this is exactly a game for Steam... this would be better if it was on Newgrounds or Kongregate or something. Even paying $1 is kinda steep for this, imo. However. I am one who hates that kind of humor, but maybe there are other people out there who do... O_O Pleeeeeeease, just back out of this and go back to SSLS. You will only get buys from little kids to early teenagers, so what's the point of that? At least SSLS is (somewhat) playable for all ages, though it is certainly harder for the 6 year olds in the world. This is obviously a desperate attempt to keep income coming in as SSLS failed to give you a constant stream. Trust me, I think we are doing kChamp a favor by voting 'no'. He won't hit the ground so hard when this doesn't sell. #considerthat

19. RumMumMario

RumMumMario General of the Army (25) Member

While I agree with Bach's quote there, I don't think we really need to bash him on this one. There is nothing wrong with making a new game and would instead slightly make kChamp more known, because we do have people that like silly games like this and just want to sit back and relax with a non-stressful game in front of them.

What I'm thinking is that this game might get noticed by Youtubers because of how silly it is. I personally don't care about Youtubers but they play the weirdest shit you can imagine. Games like Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 got an extreme reputation in such small amount of time because it has been played by popular people on Youtube. If the game gets as much reputation as shower dad then users may become interested to check out some of Kyle's other games.

Besides, it's only been two weeks. I think this release is more effective than more 'weapons' and 'buffs' which are doing nothing but dragging the game down into the gravel.

Holy2334 likes this.
  20. Holy2334

^This.

Also @referee11 if what Mario said does happen, kyle would make a lot more money on steam than newgrounds & Kong. You just don't make a whole lot of money on ad revenue, and would require a lot of people to play it before you make a decent amount of cash. Like one person buying the game on steam is like a couple hundred plays on Kong. Its a big payout. :p

21. banna

banna ★The Sheriff★ Moderator

I voted "Yes" just to show support.

Even though I'm well aware that if this game made it to Steam it won't help any SSL at all, because now there are two games to develop and you were already having troubles developing one, so i don't know how would that work.

Good Luck !

SubZero and Mr Synikal like this.
  22. Batgirl

Batgirl Major General (22) Member

This would be great for mobile app

Holy2334 likes this.
  23. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I watched the trailer and I was really amused! If you're skeptical about this like I was, give it a chance. I voted yes :)

Holy2334 and Taylor like this.
  24. Holy2334

One doesn't need frequent updates to keep a player base up since the game isn't online. :p

Taylor likes this.
  25. Taylor

Maybe this game will accomplish something but certainly something that could of been left to publishing after SSL is brought to a minimal point of upgrades we'd take in exchange for what we currently have. I mean a lot for simple things would do for a time being. I don't see why this isn't tested on Mobil stores and flash sites first like some have suggested.

It almost feels like we should have a thread dedicated to expressing bare minimal features that Kyle should add that would get the majority to play daily, if not more often. Its just depressing/exhausting to some of us that have posted very in depth ideas and almost step by step what to include in it.

Example: Tank Perks, Daily Challenges, Clan tab completed with things such as customization and month by month in-clan xp leader-boards, among tons of other ideas with it, and just things to keep us coming back every day. We've been here at least 20 times with the suggesting and the pretending to care likes.

I mean I like SSL but its hard to find people to play with because of my level and it results in me waiting for friends/clan members to come on and want to which aside from the few active members/friends I have that put in 30k + a month. I'm all for helping my clan rank up etc but atmosphere isn't lively to chase people away from college and other activities to fill your time with. I suppose I'll go down with the ship till I max out my weapons and some more are released for me to max.

Its just sad day by day suggestions go to waste and we end up playing other games with developers that are more dedicated and put more updates out on an almost weekly process. Aside from the fact SSL2 has more players and its pretty pathetic with you paying more for everything just to be par with most players, I mean thats laughable. Now the idea is to draw people away from that format that many love because they can pay their way to unlocking a lot among other things they have accomplished there isn't that realistic to draw a conclusion in reasoning.

Look at the progress on updates by each one. Its been down hill since the move and we would of been happy to get that one "10 weapons released" every month. Could of had all of them by now among other features. 7 months means we should of had more than we have currently.

In short its hard to tell what way a game is going when so much needs to be done, especially with side projects pushing SSL to the back burner. A lot of it having to do with the poor player base. Not to mention all the back and forth arguing over things we had already seen happening cause we were all there for SSL2's development which still feels incomplete to me in many ways.

I'm not happy about development like most of you cause if we had the power we'd do a lot more with all these fantastic ideas we've all contributed but I'm also not happy about this current player base filled with a lot of users I could care less about to be honest and their antics. I mean aside from Kyle thats a big reason this player base isn't that great cause you see those people you don't care for more often unlike two. Well at least we have a mute button which makes them seem like the nicest people in the world.

Maybe I'm just writing words for something to do but I can't really be certain. Its certainly not to give the trolls something to read.(I mean I have you ignored so big whoop your response. Why would I care now, I certainly didn't previously. xD)

I have a feeling one day our questions will be put to rest and most likely we'll get a product we'll be not especially fond of but saw coming deep down. Yet we can't lose hope or at least not worry so much and when it happens we'll all act like we are proud like we see time and time again after some updates in the past.

Anyways the future will tell but its not like all that has taken place till now is a suprise. I mean look at this forum and its characters, we didn't act surprised with some people's immature behavior they bring to the forum every day but yet act surprised when Kyle responds saying changes are on the way?

Regardless I am a fan of this series and its just a game. I'll continue to play cause I enjoy the game and the company of my friends I play it with. This doesn't really affect my playing time aside from friends not coming on due to outside of game matters that keep them away. I probably just wrote this to say "Hey, look I write a big paragraph on the forum" so in other words to state thing we already know.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    Sammik and xXTacocubesXx like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.