1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Chat Mods

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MERO, Oct 11, 2016.

1. MERO

MERO New Born (1) Member

So, as some may know there are a few variants of aimbots out there....if anyone could point me in the direction of the topic already being discussed please let me know.

But what brings me to the forum, is that multiple people are now spamming these cheat programs in chat. All it would take is one active mod at a time to eradicate these heathens.

Idk how KChamp deals with these programs on an active basis or if there is even anything that can be done to source code to flush them out but there seems to be more and more each month.

I played a guy last night that didnt miss a shot all game, dude was hitting incredibly difficult shots in 4.59 from across the map and had a low rating for a level 90 of 1300...when I called him out that he was suspect he started missing all of a sudden...so yeah...

2. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Well I mean its a really hard thing to catch due to some of them being outside the game so the game can't detect them though if someone is directly posting it on chat it is another problem. I'm not sure how Kchamp will moderate the game (if he does plan on doing so) but he does have a ban system in place it looks like so there's that.

3. Awesume

Awesume Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Most of the cheats are over the windows in the windows mode, so one way to slow it down would be to take windows mode out of the options. The best way is to incrypt a code that blocks screen visuals of other programs while ssl is running. People would then have to hack the game to cheat which is hard to do since steam will just ban you. But this wont get done in the next year as kyle doesn't either want to block it, has no clue about it (doubt that), or is a money hungry dev that only wants to work alone forever and is too lazy to do something about it.

Blue Phantom and Cleopatra like this.
  4. MERO

MERO New Born (1) Member

The guys actually started coming into active game lobbies and spamming there also.

I also played a full fledged bot yesterday, first time Ive seen that. Was auto shooting within the first 2 seconds of each turn in the general direction of other tanks. Sometimes it completely missed, sometimes it hit (4.59 again). Didnt move at all the whole game; we all just focused it down.

5. zukias

zukias New Born (1) Member

Then people will simply resort to making real physical aim helpers and place it across their screen. That is impossible to prevent unless you ban people who have really good aim.. but then how do you distinguish between cheats and people who are just really good/have remembered their points of reference very well? Also, it is easy to bypass full screen mode or place things 'over' it whilst in full screen mode if you know your stuff. Unfortunately it's a problem that has no solution.

6. MERO

MERO New Born (1) Member

Little bit of a silly reply, Im talking about hacking the game to get a leg up. Most developers have a zero tolerance policy. If someone needs to draw out a ruler to win games then w/e, theyre probably not going to be much of a threat anyway because theyre clearly dumb af and this isnt just a game about aim, its a game about decisions. AgentFire is hacking the game and changing the rules, there were claims in another thread of him being able to do things in addition to the aim hack, like not being removable. Thats a major problem you can find that thread here: http://www.shellshockliveforums.com/threads/where-can-you-find-the-hackers.12786/#post-126815

This thread however is about getting ONE mod in the lobby. Not hard.

7. faaarkwit

faaarkwit Staff Sergeant (8) Member

I've disabled the chat long ago because it's such a cesspool. Chat moderators would be good add. A couple of dozen for starters so nobody gets overly burdened.