1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

100+ Quick and Easy Ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Goomba, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

This game is missing a lot of potential, if effort was being put into updates we would have a very high quality game with plenty of replay-ability. Here are 100 easy to implement ideas that would add gameplay.
    These are not all quality ideas or completely thought out, since I rushed through all of these between today and last night.
    1. Local Multiplayer
    2. Offline Mode
    3. Expansive Singleplayer
    4. Steam Trading Cards
    5. Exhibition Games with bots
    6. Random x2 XP weekends
    7. More tank parts with varying rarities (Common, Rare, Elite)
    8. Elemental effects (Certain maps have elemental bonuses)
    9. Tank Accesories (Hats, pets, paintjobs)
    10. Enhance bot AI
    11. Expansive shop with different pages of items
    12. Map effects (Rain, Fire, Snow, Lava, Storms, Fog)
    13. Creative game modes (There are tons of ideas for these)
    14. Tank part sets with set bonuses (2% more XP per game)
    15. Mission Creator with sharing system
    16. More collectibles (Tokens, badges, flags, cards, banners, trophies)
    17. Museum of all earned unlocks
    18. Statistics page
    19. New map elements (Floating islands, buried treasure)
    20. Weapon Skins
    21. Mini-games
    22. Tournaments
    23. Daily Rewards and Challenges
    24. Quests with rewards
    25. Slot Machine to win items with gears
    26. Holiday Events
    27. More Items (AI Tank,etc)
    28. More Clan Features
    29. Custom emblems
    30. Sandbox mode
    31. Virtual real-time lobby with tanks
    32. Limited Time Items/Weapons
    33. Remake prestige system, more benefits
    34. More rewards for leveling
    35. Spectating matches, bet gears
    36. Achievements with "Calling Cards" or "Emblems" that can be shown
    37. More end-game bonuses
    38. Map creator with tools
    39. Interactive Maps (Volcano, Moon, Forest)
    40. Friend system with certain features
    41. Campaign mode with enemies?
    42. HUD during game
    43. SSL2 to SSLS interaction
    44. More perks
    45. Custom "Sanctuary" that acts as your home base
    46. More player options (Add friend, mute, block)
    47. Mission packs in shop
    48. Alchemy Mode ! (One team-mate shoots an airstrike and other person shoots snake, they combine in mid-air to make "Snakes on a Plane" weapon)
    49. Items in-game used to "craft" weapons once all pieces are found, with trading
    50. More uses for little rock debris (small chance to break into gear, does 1 damage when hits)
    51. Cool themes
    52. Day/Night cycle with different effects
    53. Gear/XP jackpots
    54. Custom player profiles
    55. More types of crates/gears
    56. More benefit to high weapon XP (Gold weapons at 50K XP)
    57. Afterlives during games (dead players can play against each other)
    58. Save replays/video captures of shots
    59. Different chat lobbies and private chats
    60. New weapon systems (Pocket Tank Style, Ban weapons, Team Weapons etc)
    61. More XP Modifiers
    62. More music options
    63. More bumper shapes
    64. Better weapon upgrades
    65. AFK Gear Generator
    66. Random Mission Mode
    67. Hard Game Modes with XP Bonus
    68. PvP Bot Attacks
    69. Tank Soulmates :D
    70. Night Mode with lights
    71. Co-op Missions
    72. Occasional "Loot Crates" awarded for playing
    73. In-game Shop Discounts depending on time
    74. Boss Battle Missions
    75. New Terrains (Tunnels in Maps, Lakes, Lava Pits)
    76. Voice Chat Option
    77. Team, Clan, and Friend bonuses
    78. Moderators
    79. Easter Eggs (Name a room a certain name for special effect)
    80. Neat backgrounds, can buy in shop
    81. Game interaction with forums
    82. Texture Packs in shop
    83. More integration of "Victory" Items (Confetti, Balloons, Fireworks)
    84. Game Modes and Options in shop
    85. Training Grounds that teaches angles
    86. Firing Range upgrade
    87. Multiple Shops that specialize in certain things
    88. "Vending Machines" that dispense unlockables
    89. Scrolling or larger maps
    90. Singleplayer "Classic" or "Adventure" Mode
    91. Deluxe Mode bought with Gears
    92. New game gimmicks (2x XP circle, obstacles, Gear circle)
    93. Weapon Testing Grounds, let's all players test all weapons and view strategies
    94. Codevs, idea suppliers, community manager... aka, staff
    95. Single Player unlockable cheat codes
    96. More particle effects with some weapons
    97. Prestige weapons that are epic and worth the grind
    98. Tank Armory, easier to navigate than the Tank Part screen
    99. Server Chat
    100. Clan leveling with rewards

There, 100 ideas that can be added, more can be added continuing from 100. If you really think some of these should be added, just reply with the number you think, and maybe kChamp will see.

and as for kChamp, I have a more detailed list saying what each feature can include in a Google Doc.

Scarlet, drake28034, Holy2334 and 9 others like this.
  2. JohannZim

JohannZim Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Cool list! There's some neat ideas and others... well... not so good :D I won't quote any because its too much... but there are some ideas in this list i was thinking of bringing when kyle does the most important updates to have an official release version. It's important to keep adding diversity and fun to the game and after the official release i strongly advise you to keep suggesting ;)

3. deadchildren

deadchildren Unconfirmed Member

#75 woo! Brings back memories from the good old worms 2-days, when using a blowtorch and voila; a tunnel! Fun stuff.
    Either edit that idea to achieve tools in game, like a blowtorch for example, among others (that I can't come up with since my imagination sucks) or simply have tunnels on certain maps. Both ideas seem reasonable to me, might even buy the game if it happens to be implemented.
    I shall quit this positive side of me and continue to troll but with less drama. Todeloo.

4. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

very cool ideas!! so here there are my favourites(however all ones are pretty cool!)
    19: i just love it it would be nice if the rainy/snowy have the sky with the"rain cloud" that is longer and covers all the sky.however that will damages randomly tanks then it will give like 10 xp bonus rigth?
    100:that would be great to increase clan meaning!
    96: here i have a cool efect to add for nuke.When it flyes it would do a whistle that would make that weap even more epic
    52/38/39:so that is a really important thing for me.SSl maps are very very boring it would be just great to make editable maps with some back grounds!it would be nice if you can do custom maps adding threes/small mountains(that are grey and can t be breaked with normal weaps) and like you said moon in sky/sun/stars/clounds.
    SUMMARY OF THIS POINT:just add some real life stuff to make the maps original instead the BORING classic ssl maps.And now there are enough good graphics to do it!

5. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Now, the floor is Kyle's. There is absolutely no excuses for him to not make legit updates.

We should all just stop playing his game so he starts to do something. Two weeks has already passed since he announced us about his moving thing.

I don't know his life but I just find it very obnoxious that it's taking him ages to move, and honestly moving isn't busy at all unless it's country-to-country.

Staple, Mr Synikal and Goomba like this.
  6. Goomba

Exactly, there are 100 ideas right here that he could even think about adding, so there really should be no reason for content not being added, it's been 4 weeks without a game update, and a little over 2 weeks that Kyle said he would return to updating. Unless he is surprising us with a huge update, the game needs to get back to updated, because the players are starting to dwindle. Content ideas are not the problem, it's content implementation.

Mr Synikal, RumMumMario and Staple like this.
  7. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

this is such a big problem right now

8. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Most of the ideas I like & agree. Some not so much either because its not as easy as you think it would be or because its a thing we could just use steam for, or we kinda already have it. This thread though does show the real potential of what this game CAN do and easily beat ssl2, but its gonna take time.

Hopefully when Kyle does return he'll be pumping out updates more frequently. In the meantime we should be able help kyle out a bit though. Seeing how some people here just spend their time trying to rip the throats out of others just to say their right, we can at least take that time and energy for something more beneficial. I'm pretty sure almost everybody here wants to see the game succeed rather than fail. We just gotta do our part someway somehow. Updating the game isn't going to bring more people by any means especially if a lot of people aren't aware of the game's existence in the first place. We can at least figure out how to get the game out there.

Mr Synikal and Penguin like this.
  9. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

kyle returns?he should have returned 1 week ago(from what he said)....i think he is just doing holydays so we have to wait :(
    however i m agree that ssl steam has much more potential than ssl2 just need quick/smart updates like this ones in thread.some of this 100 updates are very good cause it will make the game way better and it also wouldn t take much time to kyle do to thems

10. RumMumMario

Pretty much all you can do without spending shitload of cash (or win an extremely competitive game election for front cover) is share them on social networking places like Facebook and such. Several if not many people have actually did it, and one dude told us on some thread that his real life friends who happen to be Steam users did not think the game was well worth the price. I mean people do check out the game seeing how the reviews increase each day, they most likely just don't think the game is worth that money. I'd like to know more if you know other ways though.

I really doubt anyone is generous enough to spend lotsa dolla for an anonymous developa (so bad) here but uhm, here are some ways to share the game:
    • Giveaways. Lots of people visit Steam giveaway websites for free games. One isn't enough, do like 30 of them. Steamgifts.com Steamcompanion.com
    • Pay and place your own SSL ads on popular websites. (I think you have to be the dev, not sure)
    • Gift all your Steam friends a copy.
    Also, if any of you are above Steam level 10, you could put a review showcase of SSL and maybe people will check it out. Screenshot showcase will work too. Aaaand also also, as Goomba wrote in the OP, Kyle really should make trading cards for the game. A lot of people actually take that into consideration.

Holy2334 likes this.
  11. Goomba

I was thinking the same thing about website advertisements, if Kyle is willing to spend the extra dollars for ad space. I was also thinking about sending out one or multiple people to popular (or not so popular) Youtubers to comment on videos trying to get more people to play the game. If one big Youtuber were to play the game, that alone would bring in a large amount of people.

12. RumMumMario

I don't think game commentators will play this game since this game isn't much suitable for a 'commentary' video. Slow paced and monotonous, and there is not much interesting or funny things you could bring up in-game. Even if they did, viewers will probably be influenced by the video's boringness (if that's a word) and will generalize the game to be as boring.

It will surely add several hundred buyers depending on how popular the channel is, though.

Goomba and Batgirl like this.
  13. Goomba

That's why there is a list of ideas haha no excuse for not adding more gameplay, with more gameplay it surely would be entertaining to watch videos of. Series of this in it's current state would be no more than 5 videos because it becomes too repetitive.

RumMumMario likes this.